Transforming Our Conversations: Online Practice Group
July 27 @ 7:00 pm until October 5 @ 9:00 pm AEST
6 x Tuesday evenings (fortnightly): 27 July, 10, 24 Aug, 7, 21 Sep and 5 Oct, 2021 7-9pm.
Who is this Program For?
This online program (using Zoom) is for those who:
- Have completed “Transforming Our Conversations – Foundations” or other foundation training in Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Would enjoy a safe environment for practicing and integrating the consciousness and skills into their everyday lives.
- Have a willingness to sign up for the complete program. Attendance at casual sessions will be at the discretion of the group – considering their needs for trust, safety and learning.
Anne will support you to draw on your knowledge and skills in applying NVC to situations in your life – drawing on the wisdom of the group and making suggestions where appropriate.
She will offer a very brief teaching point at the start of each session (5-10 mins) – taking us deeper into the topic in focus. You are invited (but not obliged) to:
- Consider – before the program – a vision for how you would like to be in the world and 1-3 goals you’d enjoy focusing on in the program.
- Use the program to read through Oren Jay Sofer’s book: Say What You Mean… if this has life for you.
- Let Anne know – before each session – any issues you’d enjoy focusing on.
- Keep a journal of learning through the program.
- Practice each week with an empathy buddy from the program.
- Seek support (and celebration) from the group in following through on actions you choose to take during the program.
See here for more information about Anne’s approach to coaching.
Focus for Each Session
We will focus on whatever members of the group bring to each session – situations from our lives. This is an opportunity to practice many different ways of addressing an issue, to role play, to watch a demonstration, to receive coaching… We will draw on some of the insights from Oren Jay Sofer’s book as relevant.
Minimum: 6 – Maximum 24. We will do much of our practice in groups of 3.
- I invite a contribution that acknowledges the expertise and time investment I bring as your coach and facilitator while being within your capacity and joy to pay. I hold all responses with an open and joyful heart.
- Not sure where to start? You might like to consider a contribution between $0 and $30 per session or, if you would prefer to contribute to the full 6 sessions, then between ($0 to $150).
- Registration is essential.
It matters to me that the work I offer is accessible. If you would like to attend any of my offerings but find the fee prohibitive (or if you have other questions) contact me via my website and let’s explore options.