Transforming Our Conversations: Foundations – 2020 Webinars
October 20 @ 7:00 pm > November 24 @ 9:00 pm AEDT
6 consecutive Tuesday evenings 7-9pm: Oct 20, 27, Nov 3, 10, 17, 24
A 6 Week Foundation Series on Compassionate Communication
Alternate dates available: Click here to see all dates for this webinar
Who is this Program for?
Anyone who would like to take their communication skills to the next level:
- Learning how to work effectively with others, valuing connection over control.
- Meeting others with respect and compassion while getting the “stuff of life” done.
- Hearing through moral judgements and anger to what really matters.
- Managing our own triggers: finding the real issues in our stories.
- Living with greater authenticity and self-care.
This program is based on the work of Marshall B. Rosenberg and the Centre for Nonviolent Communication. The program is highly experiential (in a safe and playful environment ) where we are all learners, taking baby steps when needed. Each session will start with an outline of key learning points, followed by demonstration, practice and debrief.
If you are interested in hearing more about how the latest neuroscience supports the effectiveness of this work, I invite you to contact me or join my 2 hour introductory webinar:“Transforming Our Conversations: An Introduction”.
Week 1: Taking a Step Back
- Exploring the conversations we enjoy/don’t enjoy.
- The neuroscience of communication – beginnings.
- Focusing conversations around needs – our own and others’.
- Feelings and sensations as a flag to our needs.
Week 2: From Attacking to Embracing Our Needs
- What actually happened vs the story we tell ourselves.
- Conversations that break connection.
- Sinking into connection with our own needs – met and unmet.
- Discovering how our moral judgements (of ourselves and others) can contain precious needs we may be unaware of.
Week 3: Self Connection
- Ways of experiencing self-connection.
- Building self-care.
- From demanding to requesting – while holding our needs to be precious.
- Self empathy.
Week 4: Anger and Hard to Hear Messages
- Listening to hard to hear messages.
- Expressing Anger Fully
Week 5: Engaging with others: Empathy, Appreciation, Protective Use of Force
- Taking our empathy skills to the next level, practising empathy with others.
- Expressing appreciation.
- Protective use of force.
Week 6: Compassionate Honesty, Specific Situations and Wrap-Up
- Expressing with compassionate honesty.
- Hearing experiences of other trainers/practitioners.
- Learning new ways to express gratitude and appreciation.
- Debriefing and celebrating our 6 weeks of learning – and resources for ongoing learning and practice.
$300 per person, $490 for a couple, $150 for full-time students and concession holders. All prices are in AUD and GST inclusive.
Numbers limited to 16.
It matters to me that the work I offer is accessible. If you would like to attend any of my offerings but find the fee prohibitive, contact me via my website and we can discuss options.