Transforming Our Conversations: Foundations – 2020 Webinars
June 16 @ 7:00 pm until July 21 @ 9:00 pm AEST
6 consecutive Tuesday evenings 7-9pm: June 16, 23, 30 and July 7, 14 and 21
A 6 Week Foundation Series on Compassionate Communication
Alternate dates available: Click here to see all dates for this webinar
Who is this Program for?
Anyone who would like to take their communication skills to the next level:
- Learning how to work/live effectively with others, valuing connection over control.
- Meeting others with respect and compassion while getting the “stuff of life” done.
- Hearing through moral judgements and anger to what really matters.
- Managing our own triggers: finding the real issues in our stories.
- Living with greater authenticity and self care.
This program is based on the work of Marshall B. Rosenberg and the Centre for Nonviolent Communication. The program is highly experiential (in a safe and playful environment ) where we are all learners, taking baby steps). Each session will start with an outline of key learning points, followed by demonstration, practice and debrief.
Week 1: Taking a Step Back
- Exploring the conversations we enjoy/don’t enjoy.
- The neuroscience of communication – beginnings.
- Focusing conversations around needs – ours and others’.
- Feelings and sensations as a flag to our needs.
Week 2: From Attacking to Embracing Our Needs
- What actually happened vs the story we tell ourselves.
- Conversations that break connection.
- Sinking into connection with our own needs – met and unmet.
- Discovering how our moral judgements (of ourselves and others) contain precious needs we may be unaware of.
Week 3: Self Connection
- Ways of experiencing self-connection.
- Building self-care.
- From demanding to requesting – while holding our needs to be precious.
- Self empathy.
Week 4: Anger and Hard to Hear Messages
- Listening to hard to hear messages.
- Expressing Anger Fully
Week 5: Engaging with others: Empathy, Appreciation, Protective Use of Force
- Practising empathy with others.
- Expressing appreciation.
- Protective use of force.
Week 6: Compassionate Honesty, Specific Situations and Wrap-Up
- Expressing with compassionate honesty.
- Hearing experiences of other trainers/practitioners.
- Debriefing and celebrating our 6 weeks of learning – new ways of expressing gratitude and appreciation.
$300 per person, $490 for a couple, $150 for full-time students and concession holders. All prices are in AUD and GST inclusive.
Numbers limited to 16.
It matters to me that the work I offer is accessible. If you would like to attend any of my offerings but find the fee prohibitive, contact me via my website and we can discuss options.